All about the infrastructure this week, deployed a new application server and backend database into the Azure cluster we designed and managed for them, redundancy and global performance the goals 🌎
Also found time to integrate a clients website framework with a WordPress backend as a CMS 📝, and pushed a release to XyrohLib to integrate with Freshdesk 🆘
Theme for this week has been test, research, test, research but milestones include;
– A new beta release of the Arcus Dropped object inspections module for Askaris ✅
– Proof of concept research for 1:1 Video calling in an app 📲
– Added Azure based AD Authentication to a mobile App 🔑
– Launched our client/community boards for project collaboration 🗣
Early weekend project catchup (thinking of staying in and doing very little 🤔), so this week had me;
– Triaging the upcoming release of the Askaris Dropped Object Inspection module for Arcus, huge update and years in the making – well played team 👍
– Small update to XyrohLib my open source logging and reporting library for .net ✅
– Hit some goals around an Azure offline sync mobile app for a local Freight company 📲
– New product ideas around an SME focussed On Premise or Cloud based CRM product💡
A simple, incredibly cheap, and effective way of improving WordPress performance, especially if you have a global audience, or poor performing hosting that you can’t move away from.
Once the bastion of enterprise, a CDN is now a realistically affordable, and in some scenarios free solution for many small businesses.
Support for Open Source Technologies on Microsoft Azure App Service
Andy Flisher is a Software Developer based in the North East of England with over 20 years software development experience. He is available for hire and specialises in cross platform mobile app development, web applications, desktop software, bespoke cloud architecture solutions and providing outsourced project management services.